Saturday, January 02, 2010

We can jam!! My first New Year's Resolution!

Alright, after taking many months of not posting anything on here, it's time to get started again!! Only this time, I am participating in a "canvolution" that is spreading around the world.

Tigress' Can Jam has set up a challenge for participants to choose one local fruit or vegetable to hot water bath can. Each month a blogger will be posting a food item that is local to them and hopefully local to everyone else. January's fruit is CITRUS!! Now while I love my citrus, as do my kids, it's not a local item here in the cold, rainy Pacific Northwest. So, some researching I will do.
I will be posting my food item by the 22nd of each month, so be sure to check back to see what my pantry will be holding next!!

I am excited to be a participating blogger and can't wait to get started! Here's to a New Year full of good and healthy foods!!

3 comments:

Catalina said...

Can't wait to see what you make for the CanJam!

PuraAbarca said...

Hello~happy new year............................................................

Miki said...

Hi!
My name is Miki and I own "Slice, the perfect food" (www.sliceperfect.com) and we JUST launched our new amazing gluten-free crust after four hard months of testing and re-testing and adding a few key ingredients (like potato flour)! Our gf customers are so excited because they think it tastes like real pizza crust!
We also have Daiya vegan cheese which is dairy-free, casein-free and soy free and it actually melts!
The pizza tastes SO good!
Come and check it out when you come to New York City.
xo
Miki