Thursday, January 28, 2010

And February's food item is...

with much nervous pleasure, I tell you it's Carrots!!

Ummm, a vegetable? Really? It's only the 2nd month of this challenge and I will now say that's it's officially a challenge in my book.

Doris and Jilly of Doris and Jilly Cook, say that water canning a vegetable comes with certain rules. RULES? Oh boy, now I'm in for it. I can see this one being a go to store, buy some carrots, cut them up, and can them. Right? The problem is, I don't know. Something about acid. Low-acid, high-acid, adding acid, reducing acid...enough to make my head spin in circles.

This can challenge is definitely going to make me learn something new. Oh wait, didn't I just mention learning something? Little did I know it was gonna be so soon.

Of I go to consult my beloved Ball book to read about acid canning. Any good suggestions for me? Send some prayers my way please. Or wish me luck, whichever works for you!

Carrots, here I come, ready or not.

2 comments:

Catalina said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

網襪 said...

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour..............................................